To protect customer accounts, we may require that our customers verify their identity before certain account changes can be made.
Before MetaLocator staff perform actions such as
- Change your password
- Change your username
- Cancel your account
- Access to billing information
- Delete or Restore data
- Other sensitive tasks at support staff discretion
We may require one or more of the following
- We can send a link to the email on file which includes password reset instructions
- Provide the last 4 digits of the credit card on file and expiration date.
- For invoiced customers, verify the check or account number used to pay any prior invoice.
- Modification of the MetaLocator installation code to include the data-verify-ownership="1" attribute as shown below:
- Upload of an HTML file to your Website as _metalocator.html which contains only the installation code provided (for any interface in your account).
- Addition of a TXT record to your company domain as follows:
metalocator IN TXT "data-verify-ownership=1"
We appreciate your cooperation in helping our staff protect the security of your content.