Google recently switched to a pooled quota their Google Maps API used without an API key.
As a result, you might see this error:
This error indicates that you are using Google Maps without an API key. There are two solutions to this problem:
- Switch to Mapbox Maps: This option causes your interface to use a different mapping library. The behavior and functionality is identical except the map tile imagery comes from another provider.
- Obtain a Google API Key: With this option you can continue to use the Google Maps API with your own individual map view quota.
Switching to Mapbox
- Log in to your MetaLocator account, and choose Interfaces. Click the name of the Interface in question.
- Under Map Settings, set Map Vendor to Leaflet. Click Save & Close.
Obtain & Configure an API Key
- Visit this link and click "Get a Key" as shown below. Follow the instructions provided. Once obtained, the key will be a long alphanumeric string.
- Login to MetaLocator at admin.metalocator.com and click Interfaces. Interfaces that require the API key will be displayed with a small red warning Icon.
- Click the name of the Interface to open the Interface editor.
- Click to expand the Advanced Settings group. If that group is not displayed, click Show More Settings.
- Paste the Google API Key under Advanced Settings > Google API Key
- Click Save & Close in the upper right.
- Paste the key into each Interface as described above. You may use the same key each time.