To export leads from MetaLocator, click Leads and Export as shown below:
Leads in MetaLocator are stored in an encrypted database. The resulting CSV is unencrypted and ready for import, analysis or backup.
Features for Enterprise Users
Automated Email Export
MetaLocator allows for the scheduled export of lead data by email using the Export Lead background process.
Manage your account's background & scheduled processes by clicking the Process icon in the upper right toolbar as shown below:
Click New and select ExportLead as the job type.
Options should be configured as follows:
- Days: The number of days in the past to query for leads. This determines the size of the export.
- Seconds between job executions: The number of seconds to wait between each export. Configure days to 1 and seconds to 86400 to receive a daily report of the prior day's leads.
- ccList: A list of email addresses, separated by semi-colons to which the link to the export file should be delivered. This list should not end in a semi-colon.
- subject: The subject of the lead export email
- tld: An two-letter country code to filter the results to leads directed at locations in a specific country.
Click "Save" and in the list of processes, you will find a ExportLead job configured as shown below.
Click the blue toggle to enable and disable the job, or click the job title (ExportLead) to view and manage options.
To force the job to run immediately, check the box next to the ExportLead link and click Force in the top toolbar.
Email address recipients are configured by the ccList attribute above, and the account owner also receives the email notifications. Email address recipients must also be users, and users must be logged in to download the file. To add a user, click User Manager, then add a user. Admins, SubAdmins, Lead and Lead Download users can download these files. Lead Download users can only download the lead file. They have no other access.
The email notification is also added as a User Notification as shown here:
The CSV results of the ExportLead job can also be published to a SFTP endpoint. The setup requires two jobs, the ExportLead job as described above, and a ExportSFTP job. The ExportLead must be configured to trigger the ExportSFTP as described below.
The steps to configure this setup are:
- Configure the ExportLead job to produce the email output as described above.
- Create a new ExportSFTP job with the following options
- Configure the ExportLead job with the ID of the ExportSFTP job.
Export SFTP Options
- host: The SFTP hostname of the remote server. sftp.yourhost.com
- username: The SFTP username
- password: The SFTP password, if required
- key: The SFTP key, if required
- remote_dir: The remote directory to change into after connecting. E.g. /var/uploads
- local_file: This option will be automatically set by the ExportLead job.
Save the new SFTP job and note the resulting ID number.
Update the ExportLead to include an option named
Set that to the value of the new ExportSFTP job id.
This will trigger the ExportSFTP job with the results of the ExportLead process.
Bulk Export plugins can be authored by MetaLocator developers. If a custom leadExport plugin has been authored, it will be triggered during this execution. Provide a MLDataCombinator::leadExport override in ul/<user-id>/import/import.php. Plugins can also be executed each time a lead is generated by authoring a MLDataCombinator::leadExport plugin.